By David Nakayama, DET Corp Comms
Chonburi, Thailand, August 16, 2022 – Delta Electronics (Thailand) PCL. held the official LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certification, in the New Construction category, ceremony at its new Plant 7 in Wellgrow Industrial Estate, Chachoengsao.
Mr. Pitisook Chitkasem, Delta Plant Administration Director, received the certificate on behalf of Delta Thailand from Mr. Rohith Ravula, Associate Director – Market Development at U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).
In 2021, Delta’s new plant was certified in all seven categories of LEED including Sustainable Sites, Energy & Atmosphere, Materials and Resources, Indoor Environmental Quality, Water Efficiency, Innovation in design and Regional Priority Credit.
The Delta Energy Management team leveraged rich experience in industrial energy management to implement an original energy efficiency solution that optimizes energy performance and exceeds baseline energy performance by 28%. This solution includes:
- Delta intelligent monitoring and management system (iPEMSTM) with flow meters for continuous monitoring of electricity/chilled water consumption in HVAC, lighting and elevator systems for remote control and management.
- Energy efficient HVAC system with Delta Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) and high-efficiency motors to boost efficiency. The HVAC system has zero use of chlorofluorocarbon (CFC)-based refrigerant to reduce ozone depletion.
- Natural light building design with energy-saving LED lighting and sensor-activated switches.
- Rainwater Harvesting System and wastewater reverse osmosis treatment for reuse in bathrooms and gardening. Toilets have 100% water-saving sanitary ware.
- Green areas make up 30% of the property’s total open space.
- Public transportation is provided for 85% of employees and Bicycle racks are available for 5% of all building users to reduce pollution and transport emissions.
As an EV charging and renewable energy solutions provider, Delta supports Thailand’s green manufacturing that supports Thailand 4.0 development and fulfills its brand promise: Smarter. Greener. Together.
LEED is one of the most globally recognized green building certification programs developed by the non-profit U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC). The certification provides independent verification of a building or neighborhood’s green features, allowing for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of resource-efficient, high-performing, healthy and cost-effective buildings.
As a global ESG leader and green building advocate, Delta Electronics has a total of 29 green buildings and two green data centers around the world.
About the Author (Editorial Team)
If content is king, there must be a kingmaker. And the universal theme in my favorite stories is our innate human desire for freedom. I have a master’s degree in Chinese education and experience spanning industries and countries. As the Comms guy at DET, I’m obsessed with the stories behind our products and people. Share your stories with me @ https://www.linkedin.com/in/yushi-david-nakayama/