By Aonthip Aorthong, DET SD
Nowadays, major global companies like Delta believe lasting success comes from building a sustainable business that involves much more than just trying to making profits. Let’s take a quick look at what sustainable development or SD means for us at Delta Thailand by examining:
- What is SD?
- What’s the Difference Between SD and CSR?
- How Can You Help Drive Delta’s SD?
What is SD?
- We need to consider the world environment to see what people around the world need today and will need tomorrow and what resources we have to fulfill their needs.
- We also fit our business to meet the social needs in Thailand and find the right talent here to grow our operations.
- Finally, we tap into economic and technology trends to become more competitive over the long-term.
The Difference Between SD and CSR
Our SD is actually the CSR we do every day in all our processes. It’s a core part of our daily work at Delta.
We measure what we put into our SD work and how much we accomplish to see the total value in both quantity and quality. Our SD targets are 100% related to our mission and brand promise to customers. Yearly awards for our outstanding performance increases the value of our Delta brand.
At Delta, SD is never just a one day CSR activity! We invest in SD as a continuous process every day. As long as Delta Thailand exists, Delta SD will exist.
How Can You Help Drive Delta’s SD?
So you can see, Delta’s sustainable development is a continuous process, and that’s why the success of our organization depends on all of our daily decisions and actions. If you want to keep growing and stretching yourself to do better, you can start each day with the question: What did I do yesterday to fulfill our mission, and what will I do today to improve?
Here are some ways you can help drive SD at Delta:
- Strive for excellence and Kaizen at your job. Let’s always go above and beyond expectations for our customers!
- Give feedback to your supervisor or department. Be part of the solution!
- Learn more about the energy-saving products you make every day and how they protect our planet.
- Keep learning and sharing knowledge for a better life with your family and friends.
- Get involved in Delta activities that uplift our communities.
- Take pride in your role in making the world a safer, healthier and happier place.
If you want to know more or join our actions, please contact Delta Volunteers or the DET SD Office. Let’s all support one another as we move forward together in this exciting sustainability journey!
About the Author (Guest Contributor)
Born between Gen X and Gen Y, I have an art degree and a Master’s degree in entrepreneurship & management. In 1999, I joined Delta as a plant admin officer. My life-long learning and desire to uncover Delta’s hidden excellence led me to be Sustainable Development Manager. I enjoy gardening, cooking, reading and D.I.Y. projects with family and pets. We can meet on IG my account is: Aonthip.Kate.